Go Links at the Library…

The NC State Go Links service has been a great success, and people have been using it all over the place since its launch.

As of this morning, Go Links is serving 2788 different links, and has 27,940 hits.

The Library contacted me recently about one of the ways Go Links is being used in the library. Here’s an excerpt from the email:

Just wanted to give you an update on our use of Go Links for our new library exhibit.  The attached photos show how we integrated this in the physical exhibit.  There are five different integration points of the QR codes in the exhibit.  Each has a separate Go Links target.

I also ended up using the Go Links generated QR codes as you can see in the photo.  I have separate short URLs for the QR codes for analytics purposes.  I also use Go Links for some of the social media sharing links (twitter and facebook) we have embedded in the mobile app.

I think this demonstrates a great use case of the Go Links tool.  Please share my thanks to all the folks who made the Go Links service possible.

—- Tito Sierra, Associate Head, Digital Library Initiatives, North Carolina State University Libraries

Library Go Links Use #1
Library Go Links Use #1
Library Go Links Use #2
Library Go Links Use #2