A new feature has been added to Go Links that allows you to pass data in, and get data out.
Now, when you send POST or GET data to a Go Link, it will pass that data onto the target URL too. How about a quick before and after….
- go.ncsu.edu/map would send you to http://www.engr.ncsu.edu/maps
- go.ncsu.edu/map?njyoung would also just send you to http://www.engr.ncsu.edu/maps (it would just eat the parameters or ignore them)
- go.ncsu.edu/map still sends you to http://www.engr.ncsu.edu/maps
- go.ncsu.edu/map?njyoung now sends you to
- Your form posts to: go.ncsu.edu/foo
- Which converts with the parameters to
- Which passes along those parameters to
All this still works with the Modifiers upgrade that was done a little while ago too.
I’m sure there are other use cases, but that’s all I have right now.