I’m Leaving NC State…

Just a quick blog post to announce that I have accepted a new position at UNC Greensboro and will be starting there on July 17th. I will be an IT Manager there, overseeing some of their cloud services (Google, ITunesU, Blackboard CC, WordPress, Drupal etc), and i’m really looking forward to the challenge.

I’ve enjoyed my time at NC State immensely, and have seen a lot of positive change throughout my 5 year tenure. The highlights of which were those more visible projects: Google for all faculty/students/staff, Go Links (3,290,619 hits and counting), Web Hosting Service (CPanel), Hosted Drupal & Hosted WordPress services for campus, and Web Registry.

Thanks to everyone who’ve been a part of my successes and failures here at NC State… it’s been a blast. Special mention must be made of my closest friends and colleagues that I’ve had the pleasure of working with more than most: Jen Riehle, Jason Austin, Garrison Locke, Sarah Noell, Stan North Martin, Tim Lowman, Charles Brabec, Jason Maners, and Leslie Dare.

If you’re looking to stay in touch with me, you can reach me at UNCG via n_young@uncg.edu, or follow me on twitter: @usaussie.