Been almost a year since our last post. Just made it in under the wire! We’ve been busy around here and there’s been a lot going on. To bring you up to speed, here’s a quick recap of the last year or so…
- Nick left for UNCG. He’s doing great, still stays in touch. Hi, Nick!
- We hired Ross Jernigan to replace Nick and to help us run our Drupal services in September/October 2013.
- We coordinated the 2013 UNC CAUSE conference in Wilmington, NC, and assisted with logistics for the WordCamp RDU that took place on Centennial Campus in November 2013.
- Continued working on our Hosted WordPress and Hosted Drupal services for campus. The number of users of these services more than doubled in 2013-2014 academic year.
- As of early July 2014, Ross left us for a position with Bronto. Decision was made to try to hire for more WordPress experience in the next position in order to provide more consistent support and to take advantage of collaborative opportunities with other campus organizations.
By focusing on WordPress we hope to improve service and offerings to campus, however we realize that this leaves our Drupal clients without adequate support. We will be assisting our Hosted Drupal customers, and stand-alone Drupal install clients with the migration of their sites over the course of the next year. Stay tuned for more information on this process!
If you’re a client of OIT Design and you’re wondering where your annual SLA is, fear not. We’re ready to send them out but are waiting on the NC legislature to give us a budget. Many of our clients won’t be able to pay us until that is resolved. That said, if you’d prefer we bill you now, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send that right over.
Some of our major projects for the 2014-2015 academic year…
- New generic WordPress theme for campus use
- Additional themes and plugins available for our Hosted WordPress and the WordPress Blog environments
- A new WordPress person in the office!
- WordCamp RDU 2014, hopefully to be on Centennial again this fall.
- Updates to campus plugins
- Training and support for clients moving to the new campus brand
- …and much more!
Among other things we’d like very much to do a better job of keeping this site up-to-date with our various projects. That said, we stay very busy with various projects and committees in OIT, and we encourage our users to follow OIT activities via the main website, oit.ncsu.edu and through SysNews, sysnews.ncsu.edu.
As always, please drop us a note if you have any questions or concerns about any of our services – email@example.com. Thanks very much for checking in!