We like to make sure the things we build are usable. Crazy, I know.
We’re working to provide documentation for most, if not all, the themes and plugins we’ve built. Some themes that are privately developed for a client may not be included, or ma have limited access, but most other projects are available. If there’s a plugin or theme that we’ve built that you have questions about, please let us know and we’ll do our best to respond, and to share that information as well.
You can view each GitHub repository or view all of OIT Design’s projects at NCSU Github (NCSU campus login required). Note that access to view some repositories is restricted.
- Information about the new Gutenberg Content editor
- Information about the Shortcode User Interface (Shortcake)
- Installing and Updating Themes and Plugins with GitHub Updater
- Installing and Updating Plugins with ITECS’ Cthulhu
The ITECS (Information Technology and Engineering Computer Services) Web Team has built a plugin manager that integrates with WordPress and will search its own repository of NC State-specific software. The Cthulhu plugin, and installation and configuration instructions can be found in NC State’s Enterprise Github environment.
- Using NC State Multiauth/MARS plugin (Shibboleth)
Campus Themes & Plugins
OIT Design has created the following themes and plugins for general campus use. The documentation below describes installation, basic usage, and other useful information.
- NC State Shortcodes | GitHub | Documentation & Shortcode Details
- NC State Protected Content | GitHub
- Hours Widget | GitHub
- WP Boilerplates | GitHub
For campus units who have contracted with OIT Design for custom themes or plugins, we provide documentation for any features or conventions beyond core WordPress functionality.
Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development
- Poulton (theme) | GitHub
NC State Human Resources
Office of Information Technology
- OIT (theme) | GitHub
- NC State Color My Data (plugin) | GitHub
- VCL Extensions (plugin) | GitHub
- OIT ClassTech Classrooms (plugin) | GitHub
- Housing Extensions (plugin) | GitHub