In WordPress version 5.0 (to be released mid-2018), “Gutenberg” will be officially released. Gutenberg is the next-generation WordPress post and page editor, replacing the Visual Editor that has been the default editor of WordPress for the last 12 years.
- Try out a quick test page using Gutenberg,
- Or create a site in our campus Gutenberg testing environment.
- Read our introduction blog post, Gutenberg at NC State.
We will be updating this space with more links to documentation over the coming months. Check back often!
- Official Gutenberg Developer Handbook
- NC State UComm Gutenberg Documentation
- Block Attributes Glossary
OIT Design & Web Services is offering new training workshops to help ease the transition to Gutenberg.
- Intermediate WordPress: Gutenberg for Content Creators
- Intermediate WordPress: Gutenberg for Site Administrators
- Advanced WordPress: Gutenberg Development
- Slides from GutenDay
Your Website and Gutenberg
As any of you who frequent this site have probably heard by now, WordPress has major changes in store for their content editor. This is...
GutenDay at NC State
Cross-posted from the WPCampus blog, and written using Gutenberg! Jen and I also recored an episode of the WPCampus Podcast all about GutenDay and our...
3/2 Office Hours Canceled
Two big announcements: First, our WordPress office hours on Friday, March 2, 2018 are canceled. If you need anything from us that can’t wait until...
Hello again and happy new year! Remember last year when I posted about how we lost our part-timer, David? And then the monthly updates stopped?...
Gutenberg Campus User Testing
As part of our preparations for bringing Gutenberg to NC State, we invited some of our campus WordPress power users to have a sneak preview...
Gutenberg at NC State
Gutenberg is coming next year, and we're getting ready! Learn more about training opportunities and the steps we're taking to prepare campus.