The Recent Posts shortcode allows you to embed a preview of recent blog posts, web pages or other content types in any page.
To add Recent Posts to your page:
- Make sure you have installed the NC State Shortcodes and Shortcake (Shortcode UI) plugins on your site.
- Follow the steps to add a shortcode to your page. Select Recent Posts from the options panel.
- Customize your shortcode:
- Content type: Select a WordPress content type (post, page, attachment). Some content types may not make sense to embed here, depending on how you use them on your website.
- Number of Posts to Display: Choose how many posts, pages, etc. you would like to display
- Limit Result By Taxonomy Term: Select this option to display posts from a particular category. For example, you may want to only display posts that have been marked "News"
- Order Posts By: Choose whether to order you posts alphabetically or by date published
- Order Direction: Choose "Ascending (a, b, c; oldest date first)" or "Descending (c, b, a; most recent date first)"
- Display Featured Image: This will only display featured images for content types that support featured images.
- Display Post Author: This will only display featured images for content types that support featured images.
- Display Style: Choose grid or list layout.
- Click the Insert Element button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Example (Recent Pages)
Gutenberg Training Opportunities
OIT Design & Web Services is offering new training workshops to help ease the transition to Gutenberg. Intermediate WordPress: Gutenberg for Content Creators Intermediate WordPress:...
In WordPress version 5.0 (anticipated April 2018), “Gutenberg” will be officially released. Gutenberg is the next-generation WordPress post and page editor, replacing the Visual Editor...