SysNews at NC State is an online information service that provides updates about information technology systems at NC State, including upcoming system outages, emergencies and other service outages. The SysNews Announcements shortcode creates a customizable callout on your page that imports and displays recent announcements from the SysNews service.
To Add SysNews Announcements to your page:
- Make sure you have installed the NC State Shortcodes and Shortcake (Shortcode UI) plugins on your site.
- Follow the steps to add a shortcode to your page. Select SysNews Announcements from the options panel.
- Customize your announcements.
- Title: Enter the text that will appear above the SysNews feed, eg. “System Announcements”
- Heading Type: Headings help determine page structure, and are used by screen reading software as landmarks for navigating page content. If you are using this callout as a page title or heading for a section on the page, choose the appropriate heading. Otherwise, choose “Paragraph.”
- Number of items to list: Choose how many recent SysNews announcements to display.
- Click the Insert Element button in the bottom righthand corner of the options panel.
Example of SysNews Announcements
Recent SySnews Updates
Changes for macOS AFS users with release of macOS 10.13 High
Degradation September 25, 2017
Campus Wireless Certificate Issue
Maintenance September 25, 2017
Legacy data cleanup - Disabling Google for disabled users
Outage September 25, 2017
Phone Troubles (5-0000 through 54999)