Get2Factor (G2F) is a virtual Google Authenticator app that works for Google Generic accounts.
Setting up Get2Factor on a Google Generic Account
NOTE: Google 2-Step verification is required before this tool can be used. Google requires that the process start with a phone number, but it is not required to keep that phone number after other second factor methods have been set up
Set up two browser windows side to side
- Login on the Generic Account through the Google 2-Step Verification Enrollment page
- Find the Authenticator app and select Set Up
- Choose either phone type and select Next to access the Authenticator QR code
- Open up a new window and login to Get2Factor (G2F)
- Select Account Owner Tools and then Setup G2F for Generic Google Account
- Drag the QR code from the Set up Authenticator page to the G2F Drag and drop QR code here space
- You may also select CAN’T SCAN IT? on the Authenticator app page and add the email and special key into the G2F setup page
- Select Next on the Authenticator app page
- Enter the code that appears on G2F My Codes page for the Generic Account
- Select Verify and then Done on the Authenticator page to complete setup
Now the Generic Account will be able to accept G2F codes for its Google Authenticator option.